What information we collect
When you deal with us the personal information we collect about you may, among other things, include details of your name, date of birth, sex, marital status, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, employment details, insurance details, credit card details and complaint details (including details about any injuries or reactions and treatment). It may also include details of the services or products we provide to you, as well as the status of those services or products. We collect this information for purposes which include:
- to provide relevant services and products to you, including dealing with any enquiries or complaints; to administer and manage those services and products, including charging, billing and collecting debts; to promote and market to you other services or products which we consider may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to do so; and conducting consumer surveys.
Sources of information
We may collect your personal information:
- when reasonable and practicable, directly from you (eg when you provide information to us over the phone or in documents such as an application or complaint form);
- from information you provide to us in connection with a consumer promotion;
- from third parties (eg from other companies in the Campbell’s group, your representative, etc);
- from third parties supplying Campbell’s products; and
- from the other organisations identified under "Disclosing your information".
At our site, we don't collect personally-identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This means we don't require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our site. If you register for Campbell’s online services, we use the information you supply for the purpose of providing the services you've requested. If you specifically agreed to follow-up contact by us or asked to be put on our mailing list when you registered, we may also contact you from time to time. You can always change your preference for follow-up contact by e-mailing us at any time. However, please be assured that we don't share any information you give us with anyone outside of the Campbell’s group of companies.
Our site sometimes includes notices of sweepstakes or other promotions we are conducting, and we may permit you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion (e.g., to contact you if you're a winner). We may also use the information to promote and market to you other services and products which we consider may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to do so.
Like most companies, we use "cookie" technology on our web site. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you've visited us before or are a new visitor. The cookie doesn't track any personal information about you or provide us with any way to contact you, and the cookie doesn't extract any information from your computer. Cookies are simply the best way for us to be able to offer you the most enjoyable and hassle-free online shopping environment.
Storage of your information
All your personal details and information are only accessible by authorised personnel trained in privacy and are either:
- destroyed or returned to you if no longer needed; or
- stored securely in either paper or electronic form.
Update, correct, or delete your information
If you would like to:
- know what personal information we hold about you; or
- update, correct or delete the personal information we hold about you, please contact The Privacy Officer, Campbell’s Australasia or email .
Disclosing your information
We understand how important it is to keep your information private, and so we only disclose your personal information to third parties in certain limited circumstances. These disclosures will be made subject to appropriate privacy and confidentiality protections.
Organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- other companies in the Campbell’s group of companies;
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including those who manage our:
- customer inquiries;
- mailing systems;
- marketing functions;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- insurers to Campbell’s and its group companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors security consultants and lawyers; and
- your representatives (eg your legal advisers, doctors, dentists and other health professionals).
If something goes wrong